Thursday, July 23, 2009

So... I'm in London!

After what seemed like a million years and a "crappy" experience with the airplane, I finally made it! I had to make an unexpected stop in Canada to "empty the lavs" and refuel after we burned fuel to land for 45 minutes! The ride was lame, it was supposed to be 7 hours on a plane and turned into 10! I was so brave, rode the metro by myself and then getting lost for a little while, searching for our flat... I finally made it. Oh, and did I tell you it was raining like crazy and I looked like a drowned rat?! I finally sat on Susie's steps and waited (we ha apparently passed on opposite sides of the road when she went to search for me at the metro stop) and she came walking down the road! We then took the train to Cambridge and walked around in the rain and browsed the stores and relaxed on a boat.

You'd never know that we hiked a while in the rain by the looks of the blue sky in this picture, but don't be fooled, it was raining real hard! This corner is where we went punting.

This is a view from the boat under one of the bridges on the river
This is the Bridge of Sighs in Cambridge, instead of going to prison, the students go to take exams in one of these buildings... hence the sighs! Oh and this is THE HARRY POTTER BRIDGE!
This is a bridge built by Sir Isaac Newton (if I remeber right), the bridge was built without any bolt or screws supposedly and it was taken apart and tried to put back together by students at Cambridge but it was impossible for them not to use screws or bolts... little did they know that there were screws of some sort that were totally hidden in the bridge. Tricky
HARRY POTTER...(not sure where in the movie, but supposedly this is where he goes to learn to fly in the first movie in the courtyard in the front)
bridge of sighs again

This is our Punting Guide on the river in Cambridge. He is a dancer and showed off his skills on the edge of the punting boat.

Here's an action shot of the "punter" named Roymond...
punting boats in a row
View from the dock where we got on the boats for our ride
Susie, me and Mark Beck on the punting tour.

2 comments:

Jesse and Mindi said...

I'm soooo jealous!! I'm glad you made it safely! You are such a brave little one:)!! Have so much fun and keep the fun pictures coming!

pauljamesfamily said...

WOW!!!! I am sooo jealous! At first, I thought you were talking about football when you mentioned punting. But then I figured it out!