Monday, July 27, 2009

Cheerio! I totally saw Stonehenge!!!

This is what you would see walking out of the front door of the Wilton House, I thought that this courtyard was beautiful!! I would love to see more of this back home, but would have to hire someone to make it beautiful for me! The gate at the end is what you see from the road.
A view of the grounds and bridge
A view of the Wilton House, I love the trees on the estate too! By the way, this house is where the scene with Georgiana playing the piano while Elizabeth peaks in to see (and also sees Mr. Darcy) was filmed. We went into the room and it was really cool. Also, Sense and Sensibility was filmed here with Kate Winslet, Hugh Grant and Emma Thompson. The outside of the house is amazing, inside it is like a museum. Oh, and the Earl of Pembroke was recently engaged. Dang it!
Me on the Bridge. This estate is over 54 miles of space!! I definatly would die mowing that lawn!!
This bridge was patterned after the Rialto Bridge in Venice.
Salisbury Cathedral. We saw one of only 4 remaining Magna Cartas here. Also there was a letter signed and written by Queen Elizabeth the 1st which was pretty cool!
In honor of Rob Dyrdek and his fascination with The Guinness Book of World Records...
This is in the bell tower with a few girls that went too. Erica, Becky and me. Susie is the photographer. You can see some of the not too scary spiral stairs in the background. The others were about the width of a person in the stairwell and their feet must have been tiny because I kept stubbing my toes on them because they were so small, who knew they had such small feet?
Umm, 404 spiral stairs. Need I say more. Nicole would have been carsick!

View of Salisbury from the top...
At the top of the Tower at the Salisbury Cathedral
Da Da Da Daaaaa.... Stonehenge. No, Dad, it's still standing, even after Clark Griswold had his way with it!!
If you can't tell, I'm really into clouds in pictures...
Me at Stonehenge!!

6 comments:

pauljamesfamily said...

Way cool! Wish I was there! I'm glad you keep us updated with your travels. They are some cool pictures! And you look pretty cute too! Love mom

Becky said...

So cool! I love your cloud pics! What fun travels.

Linus said...

Beautiful Terri! i watched Pride and Prejudice on Sunday...I was thinking about you and wanted to be "up" on your posts! Wish I was there! -c

mindi said...

Looks like you are having too much fun! LOVE your pictures!

Mrs. Lawley said...

Dear Jane, oh wait I mean Terri James,
I too have had to thank McGyver!! glad you made it back in!! looks so pretty and fun... I'm jealous...

pauljamesfamily said...

Stonehenge WOW!!!! And yes, I probably would have gotten stair sick! It doesn't take much these days! Everything there looks so beautiful and clean. Not like Paris and Rome.