Sunday, July 26, 2009

MacGyver me!


Ummm, so I accidently locked Susie and I out of our flat. OOPS! Both of our keys were in the room and there is not a single person in this place with extra keys!!! Luckily I had been making the previous blog when it happened. We had gone to start some laundry and we didn't have enough change to start one of the machines, so Susie went to find more change and some stupid chick thought that the laundry was done and moved it to a dryer (now she has dirty laundry hands!), anyway, Susie came back to tell me about it and get her laundry bag and I went with her. Door locks behind me and I totally didn't even think one thing of it. After telling the lady that she needed to pay for the laundry that she started with Susie's money, Susie asked if I had a key. Ummm, nope! I had however left the window (which is covered in bars) open that was right next to the table which had the key sitting safely on the top. I found a broom handle and tried using a can opener shoved into the end to get the keys. Can opener down. CRAP! Then I saw a straw, a nasty old straw and decided to try and use it to my advantage. I bent the straw and shoved it into the broom handle end and pulled up the chicken wire that covers the bars and successfully obtained the keys. Man am I proud of television... it teaches you so much! Not that MacGyver would have had the problem in the first place, but he taught me a lot can be done with common household tools and garbage!


Now for tomorrow. If you want to see my future husband check out the Earl of Pembroke (18th), he lives at Wilton House which we are going to go and see and he's single. I may not see you ever again after you see where I am going to live, you all can come and visit!! I'm sure that he'll find me taking photos in a garden... just like a fairytale and he'll totally love me and we'll get married. IT COULD HAPPEN!!! (Nicole: Jane Austen RUINED my life...) ;)

Anyway. Now back to reality. I'm going to Wilton House, Salisbury Cathedral and STONEHENGE!! I'm really excited.

2 comments:

Terri James said...

Don't worry, Jane Austen ruined me too!!! Hopefully I will be able to find my Capt. Wentworth!! I am so proud of you for being Mcgyver! Impressive!

Melissa said...

Looks like you are having a blast! I totally want to see Wicked! I tried to read the book, but it was super weird and super freakish, but I hear the musical is nothing like it, so that is good! Tell Susie hi for me and keep on having a good time!