Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Burghley House, Stamford, Tower of London, Platform 9 3/4

This is the group that Susie has been treking around Europe with. All Interior Design people but me! By the way we are at Burghley House... (in Pride and Prejudice and also Da Vinci Code)
Love the Mini Van! Doesn't it add to the house?!


Inner courtyard, look at the hydrangea plants...
waterlilies in the pond in the garden
this is the view from one of the gardens, look at the bridge too!




ATTENTION: this is for real! I totally pushed this cart through the wall!!
Just kidding!! It's just here for all the Harry Potter fans or even for those who don't understand the movies and haven't read the books so they have to ask their sisters a million questions about the movies. And who has miss haps while going to a free Harry Potter show!!

This is where Anne Boulin was beheaded.
This is a "Beef Eater" (don't ask why because I have no clue)!
Tower Bridge in the background. Not the London Bridge (it fell down and was moved to Arizona!)




5 comments:

pauljamesfamily said...

A beefeater is a guard that guards the prisoners and the jewels of the crown. But they are guides. They have to have 22 years of service in the military and there is a lot of competition to get that position.

pauljamesfamily said...

WOW! I wish I could have went to platform 9 3/4 with you that way you would really understand the purpose. That castle if frickin amazing! I almost wish i would have lived back then! Because you know, I would be a baroness a countess or even perhaps a princess or the Queen or best of all a Jane Austen book character :) Nicole

Anna Dutson said...

I love that you have a picture at Platform 9 3/4!!!! Did you catch the Hogwarts Express too?? :) That looks so fun! Glad you're having a fun time, it's fun to read your adventures!

Linus said...

Love the pics TJ! Hope you're enjoying ever second of it! (I am sure that you are...) :)

Melissa said...

I love the story of Henry the 8th and all of his wives! I would have like to see where Anne Boleyn was beheaded! Looks like you are soaking up all of England!