Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Blenheim Palace

This is Blenheim Palace, where Winston Churchill was born and lived. Now a Duke lives there. It's enormous! I love how beautifully landscaped this area is. The lawn below in this picture seems to go on forever. It's a golfers dream, the grass looks like a putting green. We toured the gardens and house.
A view from the lower gardens behind the palace.
If I had to trim these hedges, I think I would die, but I would love to have these somewhere in my dream house!
This is a view of the courtyard. I took it from one side, so you can't see it all, but it is really symmetrical. The area with the large pillars is where you enter the house to tour it. It's sooo pretty to look at. I couldn't imagine living there, it's insane!
This is a view of the front gate that you have to walk through to get to a courtyard. It's the first thing you see when you start to walk up the driveway, which is probably 5 football fields long or more.

This is a reflection of a fountain in one of the sculpture gardens
This is a view of the back of the palace where the beautiful sculpture garden is
In the courtyard...
I love hedges like this!!
Me at the gates out front of the Palace
Tomorrow, we are going to go to Stamford and Burghley House (used in a lot of Jane Austen type movies, including Pride and Prejudice (it's where Lady Katherine lives and forces Elizabeth Bennett to play the piano...)

4 comments:

Tosha said...

I am so jealous!! All of your pictures are gorgeous. Make sure to take one that you would like to be put into a painting because I still owe you!

pauljamesfamily said...

You are taking some great pictures. Hope you are having lots of fun for all of us!! Love mom

pauljamesfamily said...

I'm glad you said that one picture was a reflection! I would have spent forever trying to figure that one out! I'm sure you and Sus were loving the cool hedges! That place is gorgeous! Nicole

The Child Family said...

You gals travel A TON, I am so jealous!!! That is one impressive palace!!! Great pictures