Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bath and Jane Austen Stuff

Here are the Roman Baths, we didn't go in because we were running out of time because Jane Austen was calling...
A cool bridge with water works close to the train station in Bath
If you have seen Persuasion, take note... this is where Anne runs to find Captain Wentworth to tell him that she loves him too! BEAUTIFUL! Love Persuasion! It's called the Royal Crescent because the houses are all in the shape of a crescent and by the way, Nicholas Cage lives in #7
Fly Tipping?? Must be something I don't understand, I don't know how you can tip a fly.
The Royal Crescent... it's so big that I couldn't get it all in one photo.
Me, looking for Captain Wentworth...
A garden just below the crescent, if you look to the left of the picture, you can see it in the background
I want to live here...
This is Nicole and Mr. Darcy!! Looks like she's going in for the kiss!
No clue who this is, we'll call him Mr. Bennett(ish), he's glad to see how beautiful that Nicole is, and.....
Horribly sad to see that she's not here!! He asked if all of the ladies in Utah were as smart as Susie and I to bring a picture of someone who couldn't make the trip. How lovely of him to butter us up to buy in the store! This was at the Jane Austen Center.
Me and the beloved Mr. Darcy
This is for you mom... Hayley Mills' handprints!!
It's too late, I can't remember the name of this Cathedral, it's right by the Roman Baths and really cool looking.
I love these doors!! I know that I am weird and have a fascination with doors. Oh well.
I wish that I could put more pictures on to show you just how beautiful Bath is, but It's real late and I have to be awake in 4 hours so I can go to Chatsworth (Pemberley in the new Pride and Prejudice Movie!!). I'll post tomorrow. I must have been living right to get a day without rain!!

2 comments:

Terri James said...

Oh, man! I am so glad that I could "go" to Bath! It is my wildest dream come true to get to go in for the kiss with Colin Firth aka Fitzwilliam Darcy! Bath is soooo beautiful! I can't wait to see more pics of it! Have fun at Chattsworth aka Pemberly! Nicole

Mrs. Lawley said...

it is so beautiful there!! I'm so glad that nicole's picture could be on vacation w you!! How lucky!!

Shel