Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day of leisure!

Today we went to the British museum and also the Sir John Soane museum. The Soane museum is really cool, it is comprised of there houses that he had bought over a period of time and converted them into one big house. His dog was buried in the courtyard and it's headstone was the inspiration for the famous London phone booth. We weren't allowed to take pictures in the museums. Then we decided to head back to the flat and we took nap. After we rested we decided to head to Picadilly circus to go to eat. Picadilly circus is like the times square in New York. (I will post a pic later.) we ate at Planet Hollywood where I got my picture taken with one of my many British boyfriends, Daniel Craig. Tomorrow we are headed to Bath and that is the place I am most excited for because my favorite book Persuasion takes place there! Hopefully I will see Captain Wentworth! We are also going to go to the Jane Austen centre! I'm super excited!!!!!! We are having a great time here in London and I hope you enjoy reading about our adventures. Comments are always appreciated! Nicole

EDITED...here are some pictures I (Terri) added after Nicole did the post...

 the rosetta stone (not the learn a language program)

 greek ruins

 the statues from above the Parthenon in Athens



 the first wheelchair I guess (the nurse in me thought of that first...)




 amazing ceiling in the center of the British Museum


The British Museum

4 comments:

Eileen said...

I'm glad you keep me updated. I am really bored at home by myself!! Love you!

hootontr said...

I'm loving your blog. It's the next best thing to being there with you!

Alyssa said...

I'm so jealous of you guys! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Mrs. Lawley said...

Holy moly u guys have a full agenda!! I'm glad your having a blast!! can't wait to hear all about it!!

shel