Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A day at the Castle, watching the changing of the guards...


Windsor Castle, and the moat (?spelling) around it is below



where the intruders would get hot oil and other crap dropped on their head of they got to this point

the changing of the guards...



the band played really random songs, including the Distance by Bette Midler, an opera song and also (best of all...) the theme song to James Bond



I think this is Prince William in disguise

we were on the front row, the guards were about 5 feet away, I bet this guy has no idea that he is on a blog that belongs to a family from Utah....

after they changed the guard, there was a flock of people waiting to get their picture taken with him, I think he was being punished because all of the other guards were behind gates not dealing with people...



We also went to Warhorse at the London theater, it was amazing!!  I actually paid to go to a horse show and didn't even sneeze once!!

5 comments:

Eileen said...

I can't believe you paid to see a horse show!!! Love all the info and pictures!!

Grandma Princess said...

Nice that you could send photos of the men in uniforms to Utah..LOL
Really how cool to be that close to enjoy the culture and customs of England's royals traditions.
Pam D.

Mrs. Lawley said...

I cannot believe all the beautiful places you guys have been!! Terri I think I need a postcard!! :)

Karly Downs said...

Looks like lots of fun.. did you try to make the guards laugh? hope so... i totally would've!:) hope you guys found me something awesome!:)

char said...

Terri, I love all your captions to the photos. Especially the guard not knowing his picture was being posted on a Utah blog. hahahaha