Saturday, June 4, 2011

A day in Bath...

The Jane Austen Centre... This is the famous silhouette that everyone associates with Jane Austen.  There is only one sketch of her in existence (a very light drawing with watercolors done by her sister Cassandra)


This is the window in the entrance to the Jane Austen Centre...

This is a copy of one of the letters Jane wrote to her sister Cassandra

Nicole...looks like they are spying on Mr. Darcy (just a guess...)

This is a costume worn by Ann Elliot in Persuasion from the version that we both love...

Nicole, finally has Captain Wentworth by her side.  I do have to say that this Captain Wentworth is the most handsome of all the Jane Austen heroes!! 

For information purposes...here's how to use a fan, we know you all have wondered how on Earth you could tell someone "follow me" with a fan or " I wish to be acquainted".  Well now you'll know!  Mom get your fans out, Nicole and I need to practice when we get home!

Now...Just a glimpse of where we are staying.  It's so cute!  I would love to have a little flat like this (well, probably bigger since I have so much stuff!)  Anyway, this place is called Jack's Place and it's so clean, I even feel like I can go bare footed (and that's a big step for me in a "hotel" room!)


LOVE this mirror (shocking, I know!)  I've also decided that wallpaper can be really cool...don't worry- I will probably change my mind when I actually have to put it up and my OCD comes out with matching the pattern!


bathroom #1 with a shower...


Upstairs loft bedroom


upstairs bathroom with the cute tub...


fresh flowers!  He must have known who was coming!


the sofa in the family/dining/kitchen room


the kitchen


cute little chair in the space between the kitchen and dining area


Tomorrow... back to London after a morning in Bath.  Tonight we are watching Britain's Got Talent (dad would be so proud because I can't even stand America's Got Talent) and you all should check out the cutest little "Next Justin Bieber" named Ronan Parke- he's super cute and sings incredibly!

Just forgot to mention something funny one of the student's asked a driver while we were going to stonehenge...she asked him if the gas pedal was on the right since they drove on the wrong side...he answered...Yes- it's England not Mars.  Thought it was pretty funny- they must think we are really dumb...she also asked him "how do you say that" to a bunch of street signs and asked what a quid was...his answer to the quid question was "what's a buck?" (a quid is to a pound as a buck is to a dollar)

1 comments:

Eileen said...

Maybe you should bring a fan home! Glad you are having fun, and what a beautiful place to stay.