Sunday, May 29, 2011

all hail the queen.... London Day 2

so, look at the following pics and see if you can figure out why the title of this blog is "all hail the queen"...
Trafalgar square 

The living wall...it's a living painting of Van Gogh, I thought it was quite unique...

 this is the painting that the living wall was designed after

 Nicole's first brush with Harry Potter fandom...this street was the inspiration for Diagon Alley (have no clue how to spell it) in Harry Potter...
Here's the Queen- oh, I mean Nicole (totally didn't mean to make her have a crown, but just noticed it when I loaded the photos...)

Just a bit windy...

 2nd brush with Harry Potter Histeria....this is the millenial bridge (the one trashed in the beginning of Harry Potter 6) with St. Paul's Cathedral in the background

 Nicole says that I never have pictures of me...here's one for ya...

the London Eye

 all of us on the London Eye...

 views from the top...

 the star indicates where Kate and William kissed at Buckingham Palace...

 my quick attempt to photoshop without a mouse...

inside view from the London Eye

My attempt at making a cool picture...

Nicole with classic London behind her

the London Eye...glad I'm not in the 1:00 stall (think of the clock hands...) would have been as bad as the ferris wheel at Disneyland.  We had to share the "pod" with 5 people who looked like they wanted to be Michael Jackson with rattails, B.O. and boy earrings, needless to say, not our choice of men- luckily the "pod" was well ventilated!

Tomorrow off to Burghley house and Stamford!!

3 comments:

Alan said...

This looks like fun, I never made it to the London Eye when I was there but I loved Parliament, Big Ben, St. Paul's and the centennial bridge. We ate at a ;ittle pub on the other side of the Bridge, it was my first English Fish and chips and mushy peas! I hope you have awonderful time! Aunt Bonnie

ashley said...

what a fun trip!! soak it all in for me. i would love to visit one day, but don't know when that will ever happen.

Mrs. Lawley said...

love the pics!!! I can't wait to see more!

Nicole how's your accent coming along?!?!? swimmingly I hope! :)