Sunday, March 20, 2011

Grandpa's funeral 3-16-2011

 Grandpa and Grandma served a mission in Spokane Washington.  Grandpa always  had a toothpick- the Marceks made sure we had some.  We displayed memories of Grandpa...

 If I remember right, the sign my Grandpa is holding says "will work for food (may have said will work for Diet Coke though).  Grandpa was a plumber, so here's a tool in his memory.

 Display table...our Grandparents were such great supporters of all of the grandkids- brought some balls in his memory.

 Elise whipped up the "Family is everything" board for the viewing-

 LaDawn and Grandpa's birthdays were on the same day.  We sort of celebrated my Dad's birthday the night of the viewing, it will be a better one next year!

more family pics and flowers. 

 another board of memories

 we displayed some of our grandpa's favorite treats- Diet Coke (almost every picture has him holding one...) he always asked if you wanted a drink when you would go to his house.  M&Ms were also a staple in his diabetic diet.  Werthers were always in his pocket- he was diabetic (the excuse that he had to have candy if his blood sugar was low- we all know he just loved to share his candy!)

Nobody can go to church with Grandpa without getting some smarties.  I LOVE smarties- guess that came from Grandpa!
 Nicole made this for Grandpa from his children.  I'm such a great teacher...just kidding- Nicole is very creative and does a great job with flowers!

 after a little stress in the making, I think that the casket spray turned out beautifully.  I wanted to make sure Grandpa had some beautiful flowers, he always seemed to love the ones that I brought him- so I tried to make it extra special (and huge...)

 Elise helped with the ribbons- I didn't want to use the same old ribbon and stickers that everyone does so Elise made these beautiful stickers for the flowers.

This one's from the Grandchildren for our Grandpa.  I thought it turned out really well, it has hydrangeas, lilies, tulips, freesia, snapdragons, monstera leaves, ti leaves, varigated pit and some calla lilies.  I though it weighed at least 75 pounds but when we took it back to grandmas, we weighed it - only 37 pounds, just a little off-








 Matt Mozingo, the 2nd counselor in the Bishopric with my Dad, was the serviceman to present the flag to Grandma before the playing of taps.


 All of the sons had white rose boutineers, the daughters and Grandma had white long stem roses and the grandsons had a green rose boutineer and the granddaughters had a pink long stemmed rose

 Grandma and the Bishop

 the view looking west from Grandpa's gravesite



the view looking East from Grandpa's gravesite

4 comments:

Anna Dutson said...

That was such a beautiful funeral. All the decorations were so nice.
Good job on the flowers! They looked great!

Becky said...

It was beautiful for sure! You all did such a great job.
It was so good to see everyone. I wish it was under other circumstances.

pennilee said...

I'm so sorry!! I havn't been on your blog for months. He was truly a great man!! Always made me feel so welcome. He will be greatly missed. I wish I would have known sooner, sorry! :)

Mrs. Lawley said...

oh Terri James and Family. You guys are such an amazing, loving family!! What a beautiful funeral, and the flowers were amazing.